This year’s event is just about here! I wanted to get all the event details to you in one place so here goes.
Come get your slice and playboating on the Pigeon River! Every year Paddle In Pink hosts this female-only event to raise money for the Live Like Maria Foundation. Join us for a fun day on the water, raffle prizes, food, and beer after the river!
Place: NOC Outpost (3485 Hartford Rd, Hartford, TN 37753) – park in the upper parking lot. Due to this being their busiest day of the year, please carpool if at all possible.
Bring your playboat, full slice, half slice, creek boat, or ducky – whatever you are comfortable in on class 3.
NEW THIS YEAR: Throw rope comp! Last year we all practiced throwing ropes and swimming in whitewater. This year we are going to make that into its own little competition. If you don’t want to participate you don’t have to but please realize this comp will happen toward the end of the run.
Please arrive promptly at 10:30 so we can organize shuttle and head up to the put-in. The Jackson Kayak demo fleet will be there as well and you will need to come a bit early to outfit yourself if you plan to demo any Jackson Kayak.
We will play our way down the river (we are not guiding you down the river so if you aren’t confident on a class III playboat run, please join us just for the fun at the end). Tips and advice will be offered throughout your time on the water. Once we are finished, we will bust out food, bring out the beer and get the raffle going.
Things to note:
- Bring your own food for on the water and off the water.
- We will have all the beer (New Belgium & Fonta Flora) you can drink for $10 (details coming soon).
- Live Like Maria Pint Glasses: $20
- We will have Live Like Maria stickers (free) plus various Paddle In Pink stickers ($2/each)
- Venmo will be accepted
- Please fill out an online waiver. If you show up the day of without a waiver, we will have you fill one out in order to participate. It will greatly speed things up if this is already completed.
- Rob Giersch will be there taking photos/video
- NOC: 2-day swiftwater course OR 2-day paddling instruction
- Watershed Drybags: 2 Ocoee bags
- Kokatat: HustleR PDF
- Jackson Kayak: Orion Cooler
- Pyranha Kayaks: Ozone kayak. Your choice of size and color!