I know I barely touched on installing the roof vent on my previous post. When I installed my second vent, I made sure to document it so hopefully if you are intimidated by the process, this can help you. It took approximately an hour for me to install once I gathered all the materials.
Here is a list of what you need:
- 8 #8 3/4″ stainless steel sheet metal screws. Ideally, self drilling to save yourself one step. I didn’t have the self drilling therefore I had to drill pilot holes. Also, super important to make sure they are stainless and not zinc. You don’t want your van rusting.
- Metal drill bit big enough to get your jigsaw blade inside
- Jigsaw with metal blade
- Caulking cord – This was used instead of silicone. So easy and completely waterproof!
- Ear & eye protection (metal would suck in your eye!)
- Vanair roof vent – I purchased both of mine off ebay for $50 each!
The video walks you through step-by-step but if you have questions, don’t hesitate to comment below.