You will need to coordinate your own shuttle and have it set BEFORE the day’s event!
Friday, October 16th
Check-in at campsites (if spending the night at Breaks)
*note there are very few options in town for food so bring what you need with you. Breaks has a restaurant on-site as well.
Saturday, October 17th
8:30 am Paddler Yoga– lead by Katie Houston at Ratliff hole – Mask Required**
9 am Checkin at Ratliff hole (gorge takeout)
- Event Welcome
- Check out Boat Demos From Pyrahna and Jackson Kayaks
- Depart for upper Putin at 9:30 am.
10:00 am meet at upper Putin
- Safety expectations & group division if necessary
11:30 arrive at upper takeout/gorge Putin
1130-Noon Eat some lunch/snacks
12:15 Gorge trip meets (1-2 laps if possible depending on pace)
- Safety & Participant expectation
- Introduction & event flow
4 pm Gorge trip ends– Ratliff hole
- Conclusion of event:
- Video breakdown with the help of Dane Jackson, Chris Hipgrave, and participants.
- The anatomy of RF race lines
- How to use features to go fast
- Race strategy
- Paddle form for racing with Chris Hipgrave
- Socialize – bring your own food and drinks